-the worst part of the disease is the hallucinations and voices
- My neurologist asked me if I was interested in exercising and I was he told me exercise like lifting weights is a great way to stimulate my brain! So I started exercising and it helped being around people and the stimulation for my brain was great so now I’m 58 year old my condition has slowed down I still have my moments but if I’m kept busy I can go about a somewhat normal life but I sure miss driving and working I know what it’s like to have accidents I have had my share of them because of the spacial impairment
- vision problems-recognizing the shape of things
- Alcohol and drugs are not the answer when you have depression, they make it worse.
- Lewy Body Dementia (LBD):Damages brain cells over time...leading to memory loss, paranoia, delusions, insomnia, tremors, hallucinations, Parkinson's symptoms & other health problems.
- REST IN PEACE, ROBIN WILLIAMS - I alwayse thought Robin was bipolor thats how he just snap up jokes non stop and he was so funny. -
- People with Lewy Body Dementia who commit suicide often don't make a conscious effort to do so. In their confused state of mind, depression is common. Suicide can be a symptom of the disease itself. Those who suffer with this type of dementia are often subconsciouly compelled to commit suicide. In my opinion, had he not had Lewy Body Dementia he would not have taken his life.
- his wife should sue the pharmaceutical company he was on a lot of drugs man and all antidepressants and early signs of Parkinson's disease his doctor should have monitored him a lot more closely he committed suicide
- When you get depressed and no longer want to live for yourself I think a good thing to do is try to live for others.
- End vaccinations and g.m.o. foods, as well as other toxic ingredients in food and drink supply.
- A belt around the neck attached to a door is how the sex act is done and many die from doing it accidentally!!! - I believe he accidentally died when he was practicing the sexual act of erotica affectation .
- I have seen Lewy Body Dementia up close and it really is a terrible, terrible condition.
- What really gets to me most is that millions of people going through life putting on a brave, happy front but rapidly dying inside.
- Cocaine causes severe depression - a lot of aging former coke heads seem to be developing neurological disorders
I think the cocaine played a big part of his death. I know you all don't want to beleive this from your beloved funny man but lets not pretend he wasn't a hardcore drug abuser.
- I too have diagnosed parkinsons but like Robin Williams I am tortured with the same symptoms for L.B. I will never know but I fight daily against it I have fought suicidal thoughts and overcome so far my faith not religion has helped me. We're all here for a reason so I respect his decision I'm not as brave.
- His fast cremation the following day was never questioned nor answered!! Very odd!!
- Lyme disease.
- You know all these Hollywood stars have the same kind of deaths. They either OD, or they hang themselves, or they get in a bad accident. They need to be more original with how they kill them off.
- I wouldnt be suprised if he was another pedophile and took his own life. Because he knew the hollywood kid rapers were gonna. Come out of the cupboard.
(John Amis/AP Images for The Captain Planet Foundation)
Friday, 28 September 2018 06:04 PM
Ted Turner, the billionaire founder of cable news channel CNN, says he is suffering from a form of dementia that leaves him exhausted and forgetful.
Turner, 79, told CBS television in an interview that he had been diagnosed with Lewy body dementia, a progressive brain disorder.
"It’s a mild case of what people have as Alzheimer’s. It’s similar to that. But not nearly as bad. Alzheimer’s is fatal," Turner told journalist Ted Koppel in an interview to be broadcast on "CBS Sunday Morning."
CBS on Friday released advance excerpts of the interview, which was conducted at Turner's ranch in Montana earlier this year. Turner's office confirmed the diagnosis to Reuters.
"Thank goodness I don’t have that. But, I also have got, let’s - the one that’s - I can’t remember the name of it," Turner said.
"Dementia. I can’t remember what my disease is,” he added.
Asked what his symptoms are, Turner told Koppel, "Tired. Exhausted. That's the main symptoms, and forgetfulness."
Turner, also a noted philanthropist, founded CNN in 1980 as the first 24 hour all-news cable network. He went on to become vice chairman of media conglomerate Time Warner but quit in 2003 and is no longer involved in running the company.Lewy body dementia affects an estimated 1.4 million Americans and symptoms can include problems with memory and changes in behavior, according to the Lewy Body Dementia Association.
An autopsy on comedian Robin Williams, who died by suicide in 2014, found that he had the disorder.
© 2019 Thomson/Reuters. All rights reserved.